A huge thank you to all who took part in Ageing Well Festival @Home 2020. More than 400 people joined us for the livestream, and more than 1,200 tuned in on Riviera FM.
You can watch everything that was shown on Saturday 24th October, as well as some content we ran out of time for here on YouTube
You might find the following downloads useful
- A full list of Torbay’s bowling clubs
- Writers on the Riviera further information & downloads
- AWF@Home 2020 Virtual Programme PDF download
- AWF@Home 2020 Poster PDF download
Ageing Well Festival @Home 2020 programme
Here’s what aired as part of our livestream. You can also download the programme here – AWF@Home 2020 Virtual Programme PDF download
9:30am-10am preshow: Yoga with Victoria Campbell – Victoria Campbell Yoga
10am: Introduction and welcome – June Pierce Intro
- Performances and singing exercises by Torbay Rock Choir – Torbay Rock Choir
- Preview of Anne George’s talk – Born into Entertainment (Coming to the Palace Theatre, 1st April 2021) – Anne George
- Baking cheese scones with Torbay Libraries – Bake Cheese Scones
- A introduction to bowling, by Paignton Bowling Club – Learn to bowl
- Virtual tour of Brixham Battery Heritage Centre – Tour of Brixham Battery
- Interview and folk rock historical music, with Ian Churchward of The Legendary Ten Seconds – Ian Churchward
- Standing and seated dance exercise, with Anne George and Claire Parker – Dance along with…
- A talk by Kevin Dixon – Writers on the Riviera
- Making 3D paper tulips with Torbay Libraries – Make 3D paper tulips
- A backstage virtual tour of the Palace Theatre, Paignton – Backstage at the Palace
- A talk with folk music by Maggie Duffy – Devon, Historical and Hysterical
- Simple steps to mastering the Piano, with Mervyn Gibbs – Learn to Play the Piano
- A talk and duet by Twogetherness – A Glamorous Life?
- Mervin Toogood and Keyboard classics – At the organ
- Dancing through the Decades, with Torbay Libraries – Seven Decades of Dance
- A talk by Kevin Dixon – The Great Torquay Night Out
- Final message and thank yous – Until the next time…
- Tai Chi and Qigong with Lisa Kay – And Relax...
All the content along with content we unfortunately had to cut due to time constraints including Brenda Loosemore’s By Royal Appointment and Another Chance to Dance with Anne George and Clare Parker are available to watch here on YouTube.
If you would like to join our committee of over 50 year olds in shaping this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’d like to join.