Ageing Well Torbay is a 6 year project, funded by Big Lottery, which aims to reconnect communities and reduce social isolation amongst the 50+ generation across Torbay. Older people have told us they are isolated due to retirement, bereavement, low income, poor health and mobility, lack of transport, and fear of leaving the house. From work carried out by our delivery partners over the last two years, we know that there are isolated older people in every neighbourhood of Torbay. We believe that old age should be viewed as an opportunity. That older people should be valued and able to contribute to their communities.
Did you know:
- Approximately 45% of Torbay’s population are over the age of 50
- Over 6000 residents are isolated, through issues such as bereavement, retirement, poor health and low income.
- The majority of people asked across Torbay hold a negative view of ageing.
- Older people want and deserve to be treated with respect, yet many feel they have nothing to live for.
- Celebrate the skills, stories and knowledge or people over the age of 50.
- Enable older people to feel their live have value and purpose.
- Involve you, your neighbours, friends and family to make Torbay a positive place, where everyone feels included.
- Reconnect people with their friends and communities
- Strengthen the voice of older people through an Older People’s Assembly.
Download our delivery partner booklet by clicking here: AWT new partners FAIR update digital
Download our years 1 & 2 report by clicking here: AWT Years 1 & 2 report Final digital