Ageing Well Torbay are recruiting an Events Administrator to help them stage the 2018 Ageing Well Festival, which will be held on the weekend of 20th October.
This part time, temporary role requires someone with excellent organisation skills and attention to detail, who enjoys problem solving and has a cool head under pressure. Due to the nature of the role it is essential that you have excellent communication and team working skills.
Position: Events Administrator, Ageing Well Festival
Location: 4-8 Temperance Street, Torquay, TQ2 5PU
Job Type: Part time, contract until 16th November 2018
Hours: Part time, 2 days a week, but possibly more in the week leading up to festival
Salary: £10 per hour
Closing date: 9am, 27th July 2018
Interview date: 31st July 2018
Start date: ASAP
- Manage administration of artist contracts and event invoices
- Be a first point of contact for volunteers, artists and stall holders
- Assist in the set up and running of the Festival
- Create volunteer team rotas for the event
- Help to create volunteer packs for the event
- Stage management during event.
- Any other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in the arts and live events management
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate professionalism and the ability to manage work relationships in a respectful and courteous manner
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Willingness to take on new challenges and assist the team with any other duties
- You may have work or education experience of the following: Events Administrator, Administration, Event Assistant, Event Management, Customer Service, Events Assistant, Event Coordinator etc.
Holiday entitlement: Starting at 25 days per annum, (pro rata for part time employees), plus designated bank holidays.
Applicants are asked not to attach a CV to their submitted application form (download link below), or to enclose copies of references. Applicants are specifically advised to refer to both the job description (download link below) and the person specification when completing part 4 of the application form.