Ageing Well Torbay is launching an Art and Poetry Competition, as part of the Symposium, which is coming up on the 6th May, at Torquay Central Church (more information to follow soon).
The Symposium will be an event focusing on talks, workshops, drop-in sessions and advisors, who will seek to give people over 50 the chance to find out more about what opportunities are available around Torbay, learn new things, meet new people, and have fun while doing so.
The competition is open to all ages, and is be taking drawing, painting and poetry entries on the theme of “Ageing Well in Torbay” – a theme that will encourage people all around the Bay to express what they feel about growing older.
Prizes include: Vouchers for art materials or books, a place in the Symposium art display, and appearances on future Ageing Well publications will be included amongst the prizes.
There are two categories: Drawings/Paintings, and Poetry. There are also three age groups: under 18s, 18-50, and 50+.
Entries will be judged by a panel based at The Artizan Gallery, 7 Lucius Street, Torquay, TQ2 5UW. This panel will include poetry expert Robert Garnham, and Ageing Well Torbay’s Programme Manager Sue McDermott.
The deadline for entries is the 21st of April.
Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- Age groups: under 18, 18-50, 50+
- Drawings/Paintings must be no larger than an A3 piece of paper. Canvas/framed entries will not be accepted
- Poems will have a word limit of 400 words
- Entries must be your original work. Any plagiarised works will be disqualified
- Entries must be delivered/posted to The Artizan Gallery, 7 Lucius Street, Torquay, TQ2 5UW (mark any envelopes with “Ageing Well Competition”) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries require a name, contact details (phone number/email address) and a postal address, as well as the age group you’re in (depending on your age as of May 1st). This information must be written on the back of all entries
- Original work will not be posted back but may be collected between 9th May and 2nd June 2017
- By submitting an entry, you agree to your entry and name being published via free licence in any Ageing Well publications
Good luck, and have fun entering the competition!